My Glow Up Summer: Rebuilding Strength in Mind and Body

My Glow Up Summer: Rebuilding Strength in Mind and Body

For a long time, I thought my study skills were just for school.

Time management, goal setting, tracking progress, and planning ahead are tools I relied on to get through exams, write research papers, and tutor others. But over the last few years, life showed me that these skills can be just as powerful outside the classroom.

Since the pandemic, and through a series of personal transitions, I’ve felt… off. I haven't quite felt at home in my body or in my life. It's like the rhythm I once relied on disappeared and with it, my energy, confidence, and sense of direction.

But I’ve realized something: I don’t need a massive overhaul. I just need to start where I am, and rebuild slowly. And I already have tools to guide me.


Applying Study Skills to Life

I’ve been using the same habits that helped me succeed academically to rebuild both my mental and physical well-being:

🟩 Planning and time-blocking help me carve out space for rest, movement, and reflection.
🟩 Goal-setting and tracking give me a sense of momentum whether it’s drinking more water or completing a short workout.
🟩 Reflection and review allow me to notice what’s helping, and gently adjust what’s not.


Inspired by Anya Valeska: The Power of Starting Small

One thing that really motivated me recently was watching YouTuber Anya Valeska’s video “Glow Up with Me | 2 Week Chloe Ting Shred Challenge”. She didn’t try to be perfect. She took small, consistent steps toward building strength. She reminded me that a glow-up isn’t about instant results—it’s about intentional growth.

I also loved seeing her earlier video about working up to a push-up: “Trying to Do a Push-Up: My Fitness Journey”. It hit home for me because I can’t do a push-up either! But I want to. I want to build strength not just in mind, but in body too.

Growing up, I was never the athletic type. The last time I felt connected to my physical strength was in high school, when I used to ice skate. I even taught myself how to do a one-sided split! That took time, consistency, and a quiet belief that I could do hard things!!(Honestly, its a motto I try to use a lot when I don't want to do things that I perceive are hard and difficult.)

That belief is still in me. I just need to tap into it again.


My Glow Up Summer Plan

This summer, I’m calling it: Glow Up Summer. Not in the traditional makeover sense, but in a personal, powerful way a season to build strength, energy, and self-trust from the inside out.

Because here’s the thing I’ll be starting a new job as a teacher this fall. That means this summer is also a countdown: a final window before I return to a more regular, structured schedule. And I want to use this time wisely. Not to "fix" myself, but to fuel myself for the next chapter.

Here are a few things I’m trying this summer to feel stronger, healthier, and more motivated:

🌱 Work up to one proper push-up (starting with wall and incline variations) like Anya
🧘‍♀️ Daily movement, even if it's just 10–15 minutes of stretching or dancing. Work to getting 10,000 steps.
💧 Hydration tracking—because feeling good starts with the basics(need to figure out how to track water drinking)
📓 Journaling & weekly reflection, to stay present with how I feel
🗓️ Weekly planning sessions to set intentions and avoid burnout
🍓 Nourishing meals that support energy and balance( I am such a mood eater and that can be hard)


Rebuilding Slowly, Intentionally

This season of my life isn’t about rushing. It’s about remembering my strength mentally and physically and giving myself permission to rebuild slowly.

If you’ve ever felt like you lost your spark, I want you to know you’re not alone. And if you’ve ever built something before whether it was a study plan, a project, or a part of yourself you can build again.

The smallest steps matter. They add up. You don’t need to change everything overnight. Just start where you are. That’s what I’m doing.

Let’s glow up together. 🌞💪


Reflection Prompt:
What’s one small way you can support your mind or body this week?



Comments

Popular Posts